Thursday, November 12, 2009

Either Way, You're Gonna Get Stuck With A Needle!

So my sweet wife has been dying for me to make a post on this blog. Since we both really want this to be “our” story, I thought I would oblige. I was not really into the whole blogging thing until all of this crazy stuff started happening. I started my own blog that I have closed off to everyone else in the world, and I really do not plan to ever share its contents. It’s basically a place where I can retreat to when times are really tough. I would hate for any of you to read it and think less of me because there is plenty of profanity to go around. However, there is something rejuvenating when I get those feelings out, and has really helped. So kudos to the blogging world! I might possibly share a thought from my own blog someday; otherwise it’s just for me only.

The last couple of days have been kind of a roller coaster ride. On Monday, we had an appointment at NFC (fertility clinic) to kind of go over our options. Going there is always bitter sweet. You either leave pumped up, excited, and hopeful or you just want to isolate yourself from the world. This time proved to be no different. Basically, we really only talked about IVF. The dreaded In-vitro. I guess it kind of stunk because for so long we have really seen this as our last resort for having our own child. Brooke and I are by no means nonbelievers of In-vitro, I just don’t think we are strong enough emotionally, and Brooke physically to proceed. While we knew it was coming, B and I felt very deflated that we have gotten to this point. I guess the one perk is we would have a higher chance of getting those twins we both desire so often. Needless to say, Monday was not our favorite day this week.

Tuesday, however, had a lot of hope looming in the distance. Long story short (I will let Brooke give you the details, cause I am not really interested in getting technical) we had a consult with an acupuncturist. Sounds kind of crazy huh? Well like I told my buddy Marc the other night…. before I was in this situation I would have thought that acupuncture was ludicrous (I mean who signs up to get poked with needles?), but when you get to places of despair, any solution that has HOPE is worth checking out. So we did. We know of some people who have taken this route and highly recommend it. I guess the most appealing attribute of this option is that it’s natural. No drugs, No hormones, No over stimulated ovaries!! What more could a man ask for? Honestly, this was the first medical professional I have talked to in a long time that seemed to get it. While he did not want to offer us false hope, he was very confident, 70 – 75% confident that he could do something to help us. Those are the highest percentages I have seen thus far. We were not his first couple to come in needing help after the detrimental effects of birth control (what I will now refer to as “the enemy”). With a combination of a better diet, some herbal medicine, and some acupuncture, this guy might help us at least take a step in the right direction. Its cheaper, its better for you, and the %’s rock, so this my friends is our next step.

I ask for prayers and laughs. Those are the only two things you can do for us. Thanks to all of you who have walked down this journey by our side. We could not have done it without you. Hopefully soon, I will let you know how things are going from my perspective.

Johnathan

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved reading that from Johnathan's point of view! It's gonna be neat having both of y'all's sides on here! That is awesome about the acupunturist dude! It sounds like he was so honest up front with y'all. I can't wait to see what happens now!!! I'm just really having a feeling that this is "it"! God is still with y'all and leading you every step of the way. We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you went ahead and tried the acupuncturist! I absolutely believe in it and was glad to have gone that route myself. It feels very proactive and is at least very relaxing. I love the odds he gave you and wish you all the best!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Johnathan! I loved reading your post! You are an awesome writer too! Did I not know this about you? Anyways, you and Brooke both have a gift with words and encouraging others and I think God is for sure using you! I will keep praying that the steps you are taking are leading you to a baby!!!! (or two!) :)

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, and what is a "buddy Marc"? Are y'all buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! I'm hoping this will be an awesome step for both of you!! I have heard good things about accupuncture. and heck, everything else has involved a needle at some point ;-P. GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!! You are in my prayers constantly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Acupuncturist- exiting! I like it! Thanks for sharing your story with everyone. It is a blessing to everyone- even those who are going through the same struggles. I love you both and Justin and I are always praying for you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are blogging too, Johnathan! You did a great job, by the way! You and Brooke are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I'm interested to hear about this next step. I've heard good things about accupuncture too!

    ReplyDelete