Saturday, November 7, 2009

While I'm Waiting

Most of you have probably heard the popular song by John Waller called "While I'm Waiting" featured in the movie, Fireproof. The first time Johnathan and I heard this song, we both fell in love with it and basically adopted it as our anthem for our journey. (I even have it as my ringtone.)
Anyways, the lyrics go like this...

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on you Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting, I will serve you
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm sure that most of you can probably relate to this song in some way, because I know that Johnathan and I are not the only ones "waiting" on something. Some of you are waiting to find that special someone, some of you are waiting for that perfect job to line up or trying to figure out what school to go to, and hopefully all of us are waiting and longing for heaven - a place with no tears or pain. As I mention in almost all of my posts, God's timing is perfect, but it is sure hard to stay strong and persevere sometimes.
This song serves as a great reminder to me that even while we are waiting, we can still make the most of our lives and of God. We don't have to stop living just because God hasn't answered our prayers yet. In fact our period of waiting can be some of the most precious and valuable times of our lives because God can use it to shape us and draw us closer to Him.
Johnathan and I have refused to "stop living" just because life hasn't gone according to our plans. Looking back on the past couple of years, I think about all of the things we have been able to do and be a part of because we have not had children yet.

1. We have been able to help plant a church in downtown Nashville, which is now like our family. Getting to watch God work and do so many awesome things through our church has strengthened our faith in so many ways and given us more opportunities to serve.

2. We have been able to help lead a couple of mission trips...one to Australia and one to a Hispanic community in Ft. Worth, Texas. We are leading one again this March.

3. I get to go to work everyday and love on the girls at Friendship Christian. Even though I feel unworthy and unqualified to teach Bible, I have no doubt that God still has me there for a reason. Also, my girls give me a taste of what it is like to be a mother because they are like children to me.

I could go on and on, but these are just a few of the things that we are grateful to have been able to be a part of, and that we might not have been able to give 100% to had we gotten pregnant. We know that our time will come to be parents, but until then we are going to WORSHIP, SERVE, and PRAISE God with every opportunity we get! Satan will not keep us from living life to the fullest, even while we wait.

Joyfully,
Brooke

4 comments:

  1. You staying so positive is going to be such an encouragement to soooo many picture! That's something we've realized to with our losses and waiting to be pregnant... all of the wonderful blessings we were able to receive that we don't think we would have experienced at that time otherwise! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Brooke! Like April said, you are a huge encouragement to others! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great lyrics! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke-I love this song too. There are times when I just have to play it and sit and listen to be reminded that there is something God has for me IN the waiting. Not just something I am waiting for, but a plan IN the middle of the waiting! Love your blog, thanks for the sweet post on ours this week as well. I appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete